Can someone please tell me what I need in order to set up a laptop to successfully read and clear codes etc on my C70.
What will it/won't it do?
I have an old laptop that I reckon would be suitable. I have no other software or hardware though.
I have spotted that there are many people out there that have something similar but I have no idea how to set it up.
Any help would be appreciated.
- Volvo DiCE unit and super Volvo DiCE pro are built with different firmware support slightly different Volvo years. The newer the software version, the newer year Volvo it covers. Besides, the Vida DiCE 2014D can be installed on Win 7 system, while 2012D/2013D cannot.
- Volvo Vida Dice Description: 1.DICE - Diagnostic Communication Equipment, is a tool that is used together with VIDA all-in-one to communicate with the vehicle.Communication makes diagnosing and troubleshooting the vehicle possible, as well as downloading software.
- Get the best deals on Volvo Car and Truck Diagnostic Tools when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Free shipping on. (15) 15 product ratings - VOLVO DIAGNOSTIC SCANNER TOOL S40 S60 S80 S90 V40 V70 XC70 XC90 C70 C3 Vida Dice. (Vida Vadis) $160.00. VOLVO 9513106 39 SWITCH KIT.
Laptop needs minimum of C2d and 4gb ram
SSD makes all the difference in the world all it needs is a 60GB drive to hold winXP and Vida
Does that say in the fine print that it will only work on windows 7? It also says for Volvos 99 onwards ?
Um and what is C2d?
- core 2 duo,
yes it does run on win7/8 however it just runs better on XP
I think it will work on a 96-98 S40.. but pretty much 99 onwards with an ETM ONLY
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.What's the old one for older non ETM CanBus cars?
Isn't that one just software and an OBD to USB link?
- Of course 8-}
Ok, so there is nothing that will do a similar task on a 98?
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40515
Its all a bit Greek but VADIS is what we need or no?
If so it can be downloaded , you know where..
very very limited in what it can do
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.You get a cable with an ARD tune , is it the one?
- Ard dont send out cables with their tunes anymore at least I didnt get one. I have 98v70 & use an elm 327 adaptor for datalogging on my Android phone I have not had any codes to try clearing but it seems to work pretty well. I think ill go unplug something.. vida is only good for the roundtops from 00 onwards.
- Just get an old WIn XP laptop with DVD drive. My VIDA runs on Win Xp with Service Pack 3 and at least 2 gb of RAM. My version is 2012. Not sure about later versions
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.I believe i had to buy the data link cable from lucky , i will get a picture.
- VOL-FCR and a vag com USB to obd cable (mine looks the same as the one posted above) will read and clear fault codes in all modules apart from cruise control. I have it running on an old netbook running windows xp, works a treat.
- excellent, that is all I need it to do. Just bought a cable.
Where to get VOL-FCR?
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
- Sydeneee --- home of the traffic jamb, over priced coffee, and the 2000 Olympicsother mobile option is a cheap blue tooth elm327 and android torque if it not a volvo specific code.
- edited August 2014Hi all, as mentioned above VADIS / VIDA only does 99+ cars.
For earlier cars there's either VOL-FCR or generic code reader, both pretty limited & won't do more advanced stuff like programming a new transponder key to the car's immobiliser, or recalibrating a power seat which you need to do after replacing any components on power seat with memory feature.
That's why I just forked out the big bucks to get the genuine Volvo tool for earlier cars.
Still waiting for it to arrive, should have it by around 22nd of this month.
Will do 200 - 900, S/V/C70 and S/V90 up to 1998, as well as S/V40 up to 2000.
If you're in Melbourne you're more than welcome to drop by & use this diagnostic unit, I'm on the north side near Essendon airport. Not going to set a fee but any donation would be greatly appreciated!!
- I can pinch the dealerships tool when/ if anyone needs it in ACT
Volvo Vadis Vs. Volvo Vida Dice Scanner Auto Diagnostic Tools
The only supported adapter for DiCE is the Volvo USB-to-Bluetooth-adapter (9513005), which is connected via the computer's USB port. When upgrading DiCE, a USB cable must be used. DiCE supports USB 2.0. Replacement parts No spare parts are available for the DiCE tool. The OBD cable is integrated in the unit. DiCE Tool (9513000). That's why I just forked out the big bucks to get the genuine Volvo tool for earlier cars. Still waiting for it to arrive, should have it by around 22nd of this month. Will do 200 - 900, S/V/C70 and S/V90 up to 1998, as well as S/V40 up to 2000. Ecotect download free.
Cars: Volvo cars from 1999 to 2017
Language: English, Chinese
1. Operating system: Windows 7 Professional 32 bit or 64 bit
2. Internet Explorer: 9 or newer
3. Computer memory: 2G RAM +
4. C: space: must have 40GB
5. Location: software must install on C://
6. Others: It must be NTFS format
Welcome to the new VIDA. Several years of development have been put into this new workshop application. We have incorporated feedback from our users, as well as made changes to accommodate our future vehicles. VIDA 2015 has an extensive HELP section which can be reached at any time simply by hitting the “F1” button on your keyboard.
VIDA 2015 is 100% internet based, which means you will always have the most current information at your fingertips. Changes and corrections can be applied with a much shorter lead time.
Volvo Standard Time (VST) information is integrated into VIDA.
Starting with XC90, fault tracing will be displayed and shown in a ranked order.
Wiring Diagrams will be an integrated part of the repair process.
So install VIDA 2015 and explore the great changes and improvements of this new workshop application.
Volvo Vadis Vs. Volvo Vida Dice Scanner Auto Diagnostic Toolkit
Volvo Vadis Vs. Volvo Vida Dice Scanner Auto Diagnostic Tool Kit
1. DICE – Diagnostic Communication Equipment, is a tool that used together with VIDA all-in-one to communicate with the vehicle. Communication makes diagnosis and troubleshooting the vehicle possible, as well as downloading software.
2. DICE has an integrated CARB cable, which is connected to the vehicle’s diagnostic socket. When connecting to the vehicle, DICE is powered as long as the battery is charged.
3. DICE has a folding hook that is designed for hanging the unit from one of the grab handles in the vehicle for example.
4. DICE is equipped with four status LEDs that indicate the status of the software, the USB and Bluetooth communication and the interface to the car.
5. At one end of the unit, there is a DC input where a battery cable or adaptor(12V) can be connected. The adaptor is used when upgrading and troubleshooting the DICE.
6. In the other end of the unit, there is a removable cover that could be removed by turning the screw on the cover.
1. Administration – General information, design and function
2. Standard components, service materials and consumables. General information (among other things, control modules, SRS, general safety)
3. service and maintenance
4. Engine with mounting and equipment
5. Electrical system
6. Power transmission
8. Suspension and steering
9. Springs, shock absorbers and wheels
10. Body and interior – among other things, diagnostics, design and function, repair and spare part information
11. Other – special vehicles, e.g., ambulances, police cars. Components that deviate from standard.